A new Yelp survey looked at all the extra expenses we have around the holidays, and what they cost.
Here are ten holiday expenses and the average cost of each one:
- Gifts for family and friends - $270
- Holiday food and drinks at home - $117
- Food and drinks at restaurants - $98
- New clothes and beauty items - $71
- Holiday entertainment - $68
- Extra childcare or babysitting hours - $30
- Decorations - $46
- Christmas tree - $34
- Money spent on a house cleaner or cleaning supplies - $30
- Buying things for a guest room - $25
The survey also found that someone who doesn't stick to their budget will overspend by an average of $489!