The official GoFundMe is already over $3.1 million and so many people wanted to give blood that the lines outside of Las Vegas blood banks were five hours long.
So far, it appears Stephen Paddock was acting alone....64-year-old man who lived in Mesquite, Nevada, which is about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. Here's what we know about him . . .
1. He's a former accountant with no criminal record, and his neighbors described him as a wealthy guy who was a "professional gambler" and lived in a retirement community
2. He had 23 guns with him in the two hotel rooms he used for the attack at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. Several of the rifles had scopes on them and at least one was fully automatic. There were also 19 firearms, explosives, and thousands of rounds of ammo in his home.
3. According to his brother he had, quote, "nothing to do with any political organization, religious organization, white supremacist, nothing."
4. Although he had no criminal record, his father spent eight years on the FBI's Most Wanted List, from 1969 through 1977, for bank robberies. He was also diagnosed as psychopathic.
5. He killed himself before the police busted into his room and, so far, his motive is unknown.
The death toll is up to 59 people, with at least 525 more wounded. That makes it the deadliest mass shooting in American history, and the deadliest attack on U.S. soil since 9/11.
ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, but the FBI said it's not true. Apparently ISIS's thing now is to claim responsibility for every attack, hoping it will get them new recruits who don't find out that they're flat-out lying.
The outpouring of support for victims and their families has been massive. The official GoFundMe is already over $2.9 million and so many people wanted to give blood that the lines outside of Las Vegas blood banks were five hours long.